Mastery in the English Curriculum
Opportunities for children to explore connections that can be made between reading and writing in clear and purposeful sequences of lessons are essential to allow children to master their understanding of English within the programmes of study.
This course will enable delegates to reflect deeply on their current approach to the teaching of English, considering text selection and a wide range of activities to engage all pupils. Sophisticated strategies to challenge pupils when reading and writing will be shared. The session will support delegates to utilise these strategies to promote both the expected standard and greater depth within their learning sequences. This year the course will also feature feedback from previous delegates and the impact the ideas have had on their classrooms.
Delegates will leave:
- Having reviewed and reflected on learning sequences that promote mastery of English for all.
- With a toolkit of strategies to challenge more able readers and writers.
- Motivated to plan sequences of English lessons based on the pedagogy shared during the session.
- Clearly understanding the scope of opportunities available to promote writing at greater depth across the curriculum.
Previous delegates said:
“Engaging and educational!”
“Purposeful with great ways to challenge”
- DATE: 28/01/2020
- time:9.15am - 3.15pm
- VENUE:University of Wolverhampton - Walsall campus (room tbc)
- Terms & Conditions:Cancellations must be received in writing or via email to email@example.com. The following charges will apply for cancellations: More than 15 days - no charge, 7 to 14 days - 50% charge, Less than 7 days - 100% charge. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. Education Central reserves the right to cancel a course. Education Central is unable to accept responsibility for any costs incurred.
Thank you for trying to book this course. Currently this programme is sold out. Please email your request to Education-Central.org.uk and we will see how we can help you. We often schedule additional events and also hold a waiting list in case places become available.